Psoriasis is a disease chronic non-infectious skin disease, is accompanied by the appearance of pink-red skin rash and peeling of the skin.
The term psoriasis has occurred from the Greek word psoriasis, which translated means itching or tingling. Exactly are these symptoms the most vibrant characterize this piece of non-infectious dermatological problem. In this dermatosis division of the skin cells occurs almost thirty times faster. As they do not have the time to fully mature, intercellular contact is lost. This leads to the formation of characteristic flakes. In the pathological process involved and the immune system of the body: the elements of protection directed against its own cells, which causes chronic inflammation in the outbreak defeat. Describe in more detail the question of what is psoriasis and how to cure it.
The types of psoriasis
There are a large number of classifications of psoriasis, the basis of which is the severity of the condition, the forecast of precipitation, location of the lesions, etc. Often are the following types of diseases:
- Patches (vulgar) constitutes the majority of all types of psoriasis. It is characterized by the appearance of plaques, the traditional, covered in white-gray flakes.
- Guttate psoriasis is the second-highest spread, and is diagnosed about every tenth patient. When they appear numerous and rather small rash with scales on the whole surface of the body.
- Psoriasis pustular variant is characterized by the formation of abscesses.
- When palmar-plantar psoriasis, the elements are arranged in sections corresponding to the covering of the skin.
- Exudative option is different, because flakes impregnated yellowish liquid that comes out from the body. Because of this, they seem to coalescat and change color.
- Eritrodermia is a severe form of the disease, as well as when they hit almost all of the surface of the skin, and you are experiencing systemic reactions (fever, lymph node swelling, alteration of the composition of the blood).
- Psoriatic arthritis is characterized by joint injuries.
In different stages of the pathological process show a progressive, constant and retrogressive bow zoster.
The symptoms of psoriasis
More often with the development of psoriasis on the surface of the skin spots appear, covered with gray or white flakes, which easily separate when touched. Is this a symptom associated with another disease name scaly – zoster virus.
Localization of rashes
Usually, changes its skin, which is located on the extensor surfaces (elbows, knees) of the larger joints. The preferred location is the bottom of the scalp, and places that are constantly exposed to injury or friction. However, this feature cannot be considered a diagnostic criterion, as well as when atypical forms bow depriving are interested in and the other surfaces of the cover skin.
Size rashes may be different. The primary elements they consider small papules or red bordeaux. With time, their size is greatly increased, they also have the tendency to merge. In 90% of cases the signs of psoriasis include the standard formation of blood platelets, which are characterized by a triad:
- Stearic spot is characterized by easy-to-sparse grey-white flakes, similar in appearance to the chips of the candle.
- If you continue to scrape the surface of the plate, after you remove all the flakes will manifest itself thin white film, taking the name of the terminal.
- Symptom of a blood meal dew can identify when you delete a terminal film. In the case of damage to papillae in the skin will occur, not excessive bleeding, and drop.
There are several engraved signs of the disease:
- Symptom Kebnera is that psoriatic rashes appear in places prone to injuries (friction, scratch, etc.). It is characterized by an advanced stage of the disease.
- Symptom Voronov is characterized by the formation pale circle around the newly formed papules, not yet covered with scales. This is a kind of vascular reaction of the body, and means further the progression of the disease.
These symptoms of psoriasis often enable you to distinguish the disease from other dermatoses similar to the current.
In addition to the skin psoriasis suffer from the nails, hair and also the joints and internal organs. Changes to the nail plate starts with the foundation and are characterized subungual ipercheratosiche. In the following, the surface acquires the pectorals, and on it are formed the different types of corrosion (a symptom of a peanut). Psoriatic arthritis begins with the defeat of small joints, accompanied by pain and inflammation.
Also for the bow depriving is characterized by itching. In the form of scratches, cracks, and bleeding tendency. In the locality of the trauma can reproduce pathogenic microbes, which will lead to secondary infections and dermatitis.
The causes of psoriasis
Non-infectious nature of the disease was installed in the 19th century. With the time constantly you carry out numerous studies, in which we study the causes of psoriasis. However, as for most of the systemic diseases, to understand a single reason, until now, impossible. There are several theories, each of which has scientific confirmation:
- The immune theory, according to which the disease is the result of a series of dysfunctions in the functioning of the immune system. This involves the development of an autoimmune response, where the skin is thicker, tends to accumulate a large amount of T-lymphocytes. This causes chronic inflammation and thickening of the affected area. Confirmed the theory of the fact that the biopsy of the psoriasis plaques it is possible to detect a high concentration of immune cells, and also the fact that the disease has largely affected the use of drugs immune.
- The hereditary factor is associated with congenital diseases of genetic material. Scientists have already installed several phases of the DNA, the mutation that is observed in patients with videos without it. These genes are primarily responsible for the maturation of immune cells (T lymphocytes). Therefore, when the probability of rupture of the psoriasis is greatly improved. If the parents are suffering from this skin disease, the risk of development of dermatitis in children above 50%.
- The theory of genetics is similar to the inheritance, but in this case are regarded genes, the mutation can occur at any age.
- The endocrine factor is confirmed by the fact that the majority of patients with psoriasis any changes to the endocrine organs (pituitary, pancreas and thyroid). In addition, this category of patients is often a violation of the synthesis and selection of melatonin. Also in the course of the disease can have a level of sexual hormones.
- Stress and shock can lead to manifestation of the disease or aggravate the symptoms. When this is due to the release in blood of hormones starts a series of biochemical reactions which lead to the appearance of rash scaly on the skin.
- Exchange theory based on what scientists have identified an increase in the level of lipids in patients with psoriasis. In addition, during the exacerbations of the disease changes the metabolism of nitrogen and increases the overall level of toxins in the body.
In fact, all the causes of psoriasis can be combined into two groups:
- the violation of the division of skin cells;
- the change in the working of the immune system.
All the external factors (environment, stress, trauma) will only aggravate the course of disease, but may not act as a single reason.
The quality of life of patients suffering from psoriasis
Together with other chronic diseases, psoriasis can clear worsening of the quality of life of patients, which may have as physical and psychological distress. They often have difficulties with social work and adaptation. Then, express the itching sometimes prevents normal rest, and the plates on the hands can limit the operation.
Particularly difficult to carry scaly rashes on the scalp. This is due to the fact that these plaques cause some rejection, with the consequence that the patients become to be unsociable, it can also occur suffer from social phobia.
Stress is a cause of dissatisfaction with their appearance, constant pain or itching, and even immune system disorders very often lead to the development of mental illness (increased anxiety, depression, social isolation). Only a quarter of patients with psoriasis is not experiencing a psychological discomfort, in the remaining patients, the disease is a major obstacle to a normal life.
Among the symptoms of psoriasis, which worsen the quality of life in the first place itching of the skin, in the second position – joint pain psoriatic rheumatoid arthritis.
Methods of treatment of psoriasis
After you understand what is psoriasis, you can better imagine the possible methods of treatment. As is a chronic disease, to heal completely. However, you can greatly alleviate the condition of the patient, reducing the clinical manifestations. On the basis of an integrated approach to therapy rash scaly is the use of drugs and physiotherapy techniques. There are also popular, and useful tips for dealing with the problem.
Medicines and remedies for psoriasis
In this disease, the most popular tool for external use. Can include a series of components, which prevent the excessive division of the cells of the skin, and also soften and reduce the itching. The names of the different medications, but they often contain the following substances:
- Glucocorticosteroids hormones that reduce the inflammatory phenomena and oppress the reactivity of the immune system. The local application of hormones were less marked systemic impact. Part Elocom, advantan.
- Vitamin D is part of a large number of drugs for local use. Largest the its efficacy for the treatment of psoriasis indicated in combination with ultraviolet radiation.
- Tar is used mainly for the therapy of outbreaks, located in the area of the scalp.
- Activated zinc quickly eliminates reddening and itching. This component is practically harmless for the body.
Among the drugs for the systemic treatment of psoriasis are:
- corticosteroids, as well as they regulate the metabolism and eliminate the inflammation, however, have expressed the abstinence syndrome;
- cytostatics inhibit cell division of the epidermis, but weaken the immune system, and slow down the regeneration, and other tissues;
- immunomodulatory to promote the normalization of immune responses, but the effectiveness of them until the end has not been studied;
- anti-inflammatory drugs reduce the severity of itching and inflammation but do not affect the primary change.
Vitamins and medicines, anti-allergic drugs are used in addition to the basic therapy. Just as there is no really effective drug to fight psoriasis, prescribed along with physiotherapy procedures.
Among the most commonly applied procedure for the treatment of systemic diseases, that is the psoriasis, emphasize the following:
- Hirudotherapy, which uses leeches. Improves blood circulation and normalizes immune responses.
- Fish-doctor, multiplicans the thermal source, and helps the patients to clean the skin from redness. During ichthyotherapy these fish eat literally the superficial layers of plaques on the skin, immersed in the water.
- Cryotherapy, during which the patient is placed in just a few minutes in the car with the temperature of the air -1300C. After the procedure greatly decreases the itching and the elimination of the phenomena of inflammation, and oedema.
- PUVA-therapy combining phototherapy and chemotherapy. After administration of the drug, which accumulates in cells with high regeneration capacity, the patient is irradiated with the light. The latter has a certain wavelength, and promotes the regeneration of the photosensitizer. In this way it can reach the selectivity of the exposure.
Sometimes psoriasis treatment proves effective application of homeopathic medicines or folk remedies.
Folk remedies for the treatment of psoriasis
In folk medicine, there are many recipes of funds, both for local use and for domestic consumption.
You can prepare an ointment and applied over the plates. The most popular are the following recipes:
- Mix the celandine and adipi (1:5), you get an effective tool.
- Grind the colors filipendulae viscose and mix with vaseline (1:1). Then heated to 900With and cooled. Stored ointment is not a long time, so it is best to prepare small portions.
- Combine the lard, pine oleoresin and beeswax, heat it on the fire, stirring constantly. After that add the vitamin E from the pharmacy.
- Normal birch tar (25 g), vaseline (10 g), boric acid (5 g), honey (15 g), egg protein, cod liver oil (5 g). mix very well and put in the dark of the capacity. Apply this cream should be applied only once a day.
- Ointment of elecampane helps in case of exacerbation of the disease.
Remedies of folk medicine for the oral administration usually aim to keep the immune system and reduce the inflammation and itching:
- Infusion of oats offers of 700 g of wheat, and three liters of water, and five large spoonfuls of sugar. All of this has to insist two days.
- The infusion of laurel leaves within 100 ml.
- To prepare the tincture of the buds of the sophora, it is necessary to take 500 ml of vodka and 50 g of dry material, and then put on the month in a dark place. Take a teaspoon.
- Decoction of fennel seeds helps to eliminate the acute symptoms, and also has a mild sedative and calming effect.
The bathroom with the addition of copper sulphate is also used for the treatment of psoriasis.