A complex systemic disease with skin damage is psoriasis. In a healthy body, cells can survive for 30-40 days and then renew. With the development of psoriasis, the life span of skin cells is 4-5 days. When they disappear, peeling, plaque, and dryness occur. The treatment of initial psoriasis is always easier, so it is important not to start this disease. Treatments in the advanced stage vary greatly. You will read about the initial treatment of psoriasis in this article.
Causes of diseases
In psoriasis, the work of several systems is immediately interrupted: endocrine, immune, nerve. Until the end, doctors have not discovered the cause of this disease, nor have they invented a treatment for psoriasis.
Experts put forward the following hypotheses regarding the development of the disease:
- virus.Inherited retroviruses can be the causative agent of psoriasis. In many patients, changes were found in the peripheral lymph nodes, which may indicate the viral nature of the disease.
- Immunity.With the weakening of cellular immunity and weakening of defense mechanisms, favorable conditions have been created for the development of psoriasis. One of the causes of the disease also includes autoimmune attack, in which lymphocytes begin to attack the body's own healthy cells.
- is contagious.Many researchers have been looking for psoriasis pathogens. Epidermophyton, spirochetes, and streptococcus are suspected, but all assumptions are incorrect. However, scientists discovered that infectious diseases: ARVI, influenza, and tonsillitis are the driving mechanisms for the development of psoriasis. In 90% of cases, the disease is accompanied by tonsillitis.
- Heredity.Psoriasis is transmitted from parents to children. 60% of patients have relatives with this skin disease. If the mother or father is diagnosed with psoriasis, then if both parents are sick, the risk of children suffering from this disease will increase by 25%-60%.
- Metabolic.Metabolism disorders (lipids, carbohydrates, vitamins, minerals) can cause psoriasis. Patients often have problems with the function of the thyroid and other glands in the endocrine system.
Main symptoms and signs
This local disease is not contagious. Damage to skin, nails and hair. Small rashes appear on the epidermis, and pimples form over time-red or bright pink areas protruding above the skin. From above, they are covered by silver scales (plaques).
The pimples may be itchy or not disturbing at all, and the peeling is not obvious. First, the size of the affected skin area is 1-2 mm, and over time, their size is estimated to be 10 cm or more.
Early psoriasis: Which parts of the body might the disease affect? The main symptoms of different parts of the disease:
- on the head.The scalp is covered with red scaly patches with many scales similar to dandruff. In this case, the hair does not participate in the pathological process. Itching was observed in patients. Skin lesions can spread to the neck and ears.
- on the face.In the initial stage, psoriasis plaques form around the eyes in the nasolabial fold and eyebrow area, and on the skin of the eyelids. Sometimes, psoriasis can affect the mucous membranes of the mouth, cheeks, lips, tongue, and even the contours of the lips.
- in hand.A single red papule appears between the palm and fingers. The back of the hand is affected much less frequently. If spots form on the fingertips, they will lose sensitivity over time. Psoriasis can spread to the nails.
- on the elbow.In the initial stage, a single element of psoriasis appears, covered with silver scales. They then grow into continuous affected areas of the skin, from which scales and films are easily removed. After performing this operation, the affected area is pink with blood drops on it.
- on my feet.The skin on the back of the feet and legs is damaged. The symptoms are similar to those of psoriasis on the elbow: at the beginning, small lesions will appear, grow into large areas, and symptoms of blood show are observed.
How and how to treat psoriasis in the early stages
Cure psoriasis forever-how realistic is this? Unfortunately, the answer so far has been disappointing-this autoimmune disease can be corrected, but it is impossible to completely eliminate it.
The initial treatment of psoriasis can provide excellent results and free you from obvious pathological manifestations. Traditional medicine uses ointments, creams, solutions, ultraviolet therapeutics, and systemic medications. There are also grandma's remedies, but the results are not stable.
Patients with different types of psoriasis need to learn the basics of alkaline diet. The patient needs to eat some food that will corrode the internal environment. Their share should be 65-75%, which is part of acidic foods -25-35%.
- One third of the diet is raw vegetables and fruits. The menu includes beets, cabbage, carrots, herbs, cucumbers, onions, garlic, and celery.
- Another part of the daily psoriasis menu is complex carbohydrates and a limited number of natural sweets. Eat rice porridge (barley, buckwheat), dried fruits (raisins, dried apricots, dates).
- The last part of the diet is animal and plant protein. Eat more lean meat, fish, peas, beans, seeds, eggs, and nuts. The menu should also include polyunsaturated fatty acids.
- Drink at least 7-10 glasses of water every day. Drinking is prohibited.
- For effective treatment, give up citrus, fatty dairy products and meat, chocolate, and red products. Use as little honey as possible.
- It is important that sweets, spicy, smoky and sour foods should be excluded from the diet, as they can cause adverse effects on the skin. The amount of salt should be reduced to a minimum.
Successfully carried out initial treatment of psoriasis through drug prescription. There are several groups.
External preparations: creams and ointments. The medicine consists of water, emulsifier and oil. They are sufficient to treat the early stages of psoriasis.
Ointment is hormonal and non-hormonal. The second group is more secure, but less effective.
Medicine. The treatment of psoriasis with drugs is more commonly used to combat advanced stages.
Systemic therapy. Its nature (dose, duration of treatment) is only up to the doctor to decide whether to perform advanced pathological treatment.
- Fatty acid;
- Liver protectant;
- Anti-allergic drugs;
- A preparation used to remove toxins from the intestines.
What is psoriasis and how is it treated? The complexity of treatment is important. In the early stages of psoriasis, it is the treatment of proper nutrition, the use of topical medications, and physical therapy procedures. The goal of the latter is:
- Decreased excitability of the central nervous system;
- The normalization of the patient's mental state;
- Reduce itching;
- Promote the absorption of psoriasis papules.
- Excellent treatment with soothing effect.
- Due to the complete recovery of the body, the size of the pimples is reduced and the disease is relieved.
- Psoriasis patients need 8-10 operations, lasting 20-60 minutes.
- In the initial meeting, the patient will enter light sleep and then deep sleep.
X-rays are used to treat the affected areas of the skin, which will speed up the absorption of psoriasis plaques.
- Treatment methods include the use of soft X-rays.
- A course of treatment every 4-7 days, the total radiation dose is safe (3. 5-4 Gy).
- Treatment of skin with 800-3000 kHz vibrating ultrasound.
- This therapy can eliminate inflammation, itching and pain, reduce sensitivity to allergens and kill bacteria.
- The process cycle includes 8-14 sessions, each session lasts a quarter of an hour.
Among other physiological methods that are effective against psoriasis, cryotherapy, immersion in a magnetic field, electric current treatment, and laser treatment are worth noting. The treatment of psoriasis at home can be accompanied by a sea salt bath (5 grams of salt in 1 liter of water, temperature -37-38°C, duration of 15 minutes, 15-20 days a day). With the onset of illness, it is important to go to a nursing home to participate in a health plan.
Psoriasis can be effectively treated by treating the affected skin area with ultraviolet rays. The wavelength should be 311-313 nm, but experts may recommend other radiation spectra. The patient was immersed in a special room equipped with ultraviolet lamps. Before that, he took photosensitizing drugs that could improve the treatment effect. An effective method of UV therapy is PUVA therapy. The wavelength is 320-400nm. In order to obtain a good treatment effect, the patient received 25 exposures, so 80% of the affected area disappeared.
Effective family therapy folk remedies
In the early stage of psoriasis, you can use folk recipes:
- Chicken egg oil treatment. To get half a cup of product, you need 20 homemade eggs. After boiling, boil the product for 15 minutes. You need egg yolk. Mash them into gruel, then fry them in an oil-free frying pan on low heat for 45 minutes. Transfer the prepared mass to cheesecloth and squeeze. Oil the affected area 1-2 times a day until the psoriasis symptoms are completely eliminated.
- Early stage of treatment with complex ointment for psoriasis. Ingredients: 50 grams of birch tar, 20 grams of fat or petroleum jelly, 10 grams of boric acid, 30 grams of honey, 1 egg white, 10 grams of fish oil. Store in a dark corner. Apply the pimples 1-2 times a day.
- Treat with celandine juice. Treat the affected skin with fresh juice from the roots. Throughout the summer, this operation should be performed at the beginning of each day for three consecutive seasons.
The peculiarities of children's treatment
Do not use folk remedies on the growing body. They are not always effective, and the delay in this case is completely unacceptable. When the initial stage of psoriasis occurs, parents should take the child to a dermatologist, who will prescribe a comprehensive examination and treatment. If the disease has not spread, topical skin ointments and creams can be prescribed to the child: keratoses and anti-inflammatory drugs.
Use tar sulfuric acid or salicylic acid ointment to remove the top layer of psoriasis plaque. To do this, wrap a bandage on the skin soaked with the active agent and remove it after 3-5 hours. Then, the child should bathe continuously-this will help to remove the hard skin painlessly. The last stage of treatment-drugs containing glucocorticoids are applied to the skin in the dose prescribed by the doctor. Children need to take antihistamines and vitamin complexes.
What does the initial stage of psoriasis look like-photo
The first stage of psoriasis is accompanied by lesions in certain areas of the body's skin.
If you find a rash in the photo, please go to a dermatologist. There is no need to hope that the problem will resolve itself.
This skin disease is complex and requires rapid and comprehensive treatment. The earlier one goes to the expert, the better the result.
Successful treatment leads to rapid relief and restoration of quality of life.