Psoriasis is a chronic skin disease that is difficult to treat. Psoriasis plaques appear in various parts of the body, causing a lot of inconvenience and pain to patients. Obvious cosmetic flaws can worsen relationships with others and stimulate the development of complexes.
The treatment of psoriasis requires a comprehensive approach. Failure to seek medical assistance in time can have serious consequences: the disease can be inherited. Following the doctor's advice will relieve pain and reduce the manifestations of psoriasis.
Cause of occurrence
Skin diseases have aroused great interest among researchers. Doctors have only hypotheses that may cause psoriasis. The most common cause of psoriasis is genetic predisposition. However, dermatologists have not yet reached a consensus: "Why does psoriasis occur? "
There are two theories:
- The first one said: When epidermal cells mature and their reproduction and differentiation are disturbed, squamous lichens will develop. The autoimmune process plays a secondary role.
The second hypothesis: the cause of skin damage is abnormal function of the immune system. Problems with the normal function of epidermal cells are secondary.
- Due to the low content of vegetables and fruits in the menu, the body lacks vitamins and minerals;
- Damaged nerve health due to frequent stress;
- Abuse of strong drugs;
- Metabolic disorders caused by malnutrition;
- Reduced immunity after infectious diseases.
- Patients with hypertension;
- Obese people;
- Diabetic patients;
- People who drink excessively;
- Patients who have received chemotherapy, corticosteroids, and strong antibiotics.
Symptoms and stages of the disease
Stages of psoriasis outbreak:
- The initial stage. On the elbow, pink or light red papules appear in other areas, covered with scales with heterogeneous structure. Over time, the rash will get bigger and bigger, with redness, swelling, and itching of the skin.
- Most symptoms appear in people whose bodies are satisfied with the drug. Among the at-risk groups-people suffering from mental and emotional trauma;
- The next step is the appearance of the Kebner phenomenon. After scratching, bruises, wounds, and bleeding areas will appear on the body. They gradually merge to form symmetrical lines and patches. Nails are often affected;
- The third stage. The rash becomes bright, the outline of the plaque is clear, the affected area becomes blue, itchy, and shedding;
- The symptoms gradually disappeared. Peel first, then restore the color of the epidermis. The final stage is the absorption of the infiltrate to improve the skin condition.
Is psoriasis contagious? Is it possible to get sick when communicating, shaking hands, playing together, or having sex? The answer is no! "The nature of the pathology is different. There are no viruses or fungi on the skin. Don't push the psoriasis patient away from you! It's already difficult for him. Support people morally. "
- The elbow joint. Relatively mild form. Groups of plaques with clear boundaries appear symmetrically on both arms. Color-salmon or pink;
- The palm of your hand. The disease is characterized by surface keratosis, peeling, and severe itching;
- Ears and scalp. Psoriasis outbreaks appear on the inside and outside of the pinna, in the head. If there is unexpected itching inside the ear, it is recommended to see a dermatologist immediately.
- Legs. Usually, plaques, redness, and itching appear on the lower extremities, as well as a rash on the hands. From the outside, the manifestations of this disease are similar.
- Come back. Scaly lichen affects all parts of the back. The rash is teardrop-like. The rash usually resembles a normal plaque.
- Face. In this area, the frequency of rashes is reduced. Small papules appear on the eyebrows, in the nasolabial fold area, near the eyes. In individual cases, tissue covered with scales can be seen on the lips.
Dermatologists or therapists can easily diagnose psoriasis through its characteristics. Sometimes a biopsy of the affected skin is required. The microscopic part was sent to the laboratory for research.
A drop of blood blood scan method is widely promoted. Use a special computer program and a high-power electron microscope.
Experts recommend giving up the services of "doctors" without medical education. Charlottes usually only use this method to diagnose various diseases, without worrying themselves about other research.
Make sure to visit a dermatologist, therapist. An experienced doctor will tell you whether you have psoriasis based on the clinical symptoms.
How to treat psoriasis? Comprehensive therapy will help eliminate discomfort symptoms and improve the patient's condition. In many cases, the treatment is long-term, with the further action of the predisposing factors, it may relapse.
Experts recommend not only the use of drugs, but also the use of folk recipes, diet and nutrition, and physical therapy methods. Patients are required to strictly abide by the doctor's prescription.
Both local and systemic drugs are used:
- Anti-inflammatory drugs;
- Ointment and psoriasis gel.
Physical therapy is effective:
- light therapy;
- Ultraviolet radiation;
- Laser therapy;
Psoriasis patients must follow a hypoallergenic diet. It is necessary to consume as little food as possible, which can cause rapid bleeding of the affected skin. It is important to emphasize foods rich in vitamins and minerals.
- spicy dishes;
- Smoked products;
- Red, black pepper, other spices;
- Hot drinks.
- whole milk;
- Vegetables, red fruits.
Folk remedies and recipes
After consulting with a dermatologist or therapist, add a family-based approach to your medication and physical therapy treatment. Effective ointments, herbal soups, lotions and baths can improve the condition, relieve itching and burning.
Folk remedies can treat psoriasis at home. Best recipe:
- String bath and sea salt.Prepare decoction: 2 tablespoons per liter of water. l. turn. Pour 4 tablespoons of bath liquid. l. Pour sea salt into the broth. The duration of this process is 20 minutes. Excellent soothing desiccant;
- Decoction.Use 0. 5 liters of water to brew a teaspoon of nettle, ox d, licorice and calamus. Cook for 5 minutes to brew. Wipe the affected area with healing broth several times a day;
- Dandelion root, nettle leaves, St. John's wort teaOrally. Drinks can perfectly purify the blood, enhance immunity and soothe;
- Herbal lotion.Drink 4 tablespoons. l. Celandine, add calendula, filaments, motherwort, chamomile (all herbs need 2 tablespoons l. ). Pour one liter of hot water and heat it in a water bath. The gauze is soaked in the broth and applied to the painful area twice a day.
- Homemade ointment.Mix fish oil, pine resin, aloe vera juice, olive oil, sulfur, and birch tar in equal proportions. Add the same amount of celandine, a powerful herb, and pour in a few drops of sea buckthorn oil. Let it brew and filter. Lubricate the affected area every day. This tool can soothe the skin, reduce itching and heal wounds;
- Apply birch tarto elbows, ears and other areas affected by the performance of scaly lichens, and the effect is good;
- Monastery tea for psoriasis.Medicinal herbal drinks can reduce the progression of the disease.
Skin psoriasis in children
Chronic diseases occur in infants and older children. Most cases of psoriasis are noticed in preschoolers and elementary school children.
- Spots, bubbles, red spots appear on the skin;
- The rash gradually increased and peeling appeared;
- The body is itchy, the knot is cracked, and painful areas appear.
The main part of the lesion:
- legs, arms;
- Psoriasis sometimes affects nails.
Diagnosis is very simple. Obvious symptoms are difficult to confuse with the manifestations of other diseases.
- Hormonal imbalance;
- catch a cold;
- Some drugs;
- Genetic susceptibility;
- Respiratory system diseases;
- Sudden climate change.
- Appropriate skin care;
- Ascorbic acid;
- Vitamin B12;
- Ointment and gel;
Chamomile, arrow grass, celandine, the inherited herbal bath works well. Calm expenses will help improve sleep. In severe cases, the doctor will prescribe sleeping pills.
Sometimes hospitalization is required to relieve acute symptoms. Don't give up the hospital. Dropper and injection significantly alleviated the condition.
Hint!Don't prescribe strong medicine yourself. Doctors are trying to reduce the use of toxic drugs.
There are no specific precautions to prevent this serious skin condition. For this reason, many people suffer from unpleasant symptoms for many years.
Sometimes psychological trauma is as serious as the occasional rash and itching during exacerbations. Try to reduce the course of the disease.
What else can you do:
- Avoid hypothermia;
- Keep the room at the best humidity;
- Take care of the epidermis;
- Create a peaceful environment in the family;
- If necessary, please change jobs to avoid stressful situations and other harmful effects;
- will not harm your skin.
Remember-People in trouble are not alone. The diagnosis of psoriasis is recorded in the outpatient records of hundreds of thousands of people. Don't be disappointed, even with such a serious illness, you can live without losing hope for the future. Communicate, seek support from loved ones, and follow doctor’s adviceTry to prevent disease from engulfing you.